David Watson Principal, Melbourne
David is a Principal of Hinds Blunden and brings to his role more than 21 years' experience providing expert advice on construction and project issues, costing, dispute avoidance and resolution.
David provides project advice and independent expert reports relating to programming, delay analysis, disruption analysis and associated costing issues and variation assessment. He also assists with claim preparation and response and claims resolution for all types of civil, building, petrochemical, tunneling, mining and defense projects.
His roles have included assisting contractors on site in project administration tasks and superintendent roles including:
- Processing variations
- Preparing delay claims
- Preparation and review of construction programs
- Project statusing
- Assessment of progress and preparation of payment certificates
- Preparation and review of extension of time claims
- Preparation of subcontract tender documents and review of quotations, pricing and assessment of variations
- Preparation of adjudication submissions and responses under both NSW and Victorian legislation.
He has also undertaken contract reviews for both contractors and clients, claim preparation and assessment and working closely with site staff, senior management and lawyers to assist the resolution of issues through to the hearing itself.
David also presents educational seminars on a range of programming topics to law firms, construction organisations and graduate and post-graduate university degrees.